So this post is more for people at Dundee University.
One of the most irritating things about the email system at Dundee University, is setting it up on your own computer. With a little enquiry you might find out that this can be done using IMAP and by just Google searching for “Dundee IMAP” you’ll find a page with settings on how to do this.
These settings are wrong!
The IMAP settings on the Dundee University website have been incorrect for the entirety of the three and a bit years that I have been here so to save you some pain, here are the correct ones to be able to receive but also send emails on any device (this includes your email enabled smartphone).
Dundee University IMAP Settings
- Email Address: Your dundee email address, i.e. [email protected]
- Username and Password: The username and password you use to log into groupwise normally.
(this is often the same as what you log into uni computers with)
- IMAP Server: imap.dundee.ac.uk
- Security Type: SSL
- Server Port: 993
(This is usually set automatically by your device)
- Username and Password: Same as above
- SMTP Server: smtp.dundee.ac.uk
- Security Type: TLS (yes, TLS, not SSL)
- Server Port: 25
This is what works for me, leave a comment below if it doesn’t for you or to tell us about your other Dundee University Email woes, of which I’m sure we all have many.